</head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8696775400748877246?origin\x3dhttp://alphabits-clones.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Saturday, February 16, 2008; 11:04 AM

Point A

On the 7th of February, which was last thursday, the Chinese celebrated Chinese New Year. As I am also a Chinese, I celebrated the festival too.
The day before Chinese New Year, I was attending school. As my hometown is not in Singapore but in Malaysia, after the Chinese New Year celebration organised by the school, I rushed back to Malaysia. My parents were afraid of my safety when going back to Malaysia, so they came to Singapore and fetched me back to Malaysia. One reason why I MUST go back to Malaysia is to eat reunion dinner with my family. Eating reunion dinner is one of my favourite time during Chinese New Year because I can eat many 'delicacies'. This year there is a slight change to the usual reunion dinner that my family had for the past few years. My sister's friend came!(It's a guy. I think he is my sister's boyfriend but my sister denied this) That was the first time she brought a guy home! I was surprised at first. At about 7pm we started eating. After eating, we watched television in the living room and my mother prepared lots of deserts for us! As the next day is a big day, we slept early. We did not sleep soundly as there is a custom of letting firecrackers off at Midnight. The firecrackers woke us up and we did not fall back into sleep until they stop playing with firecrackers which was at about 3am. What surprised me most was that there were no police on patrol that night. For the past decades, it had been a practise of the police of Malaysia to patrol the streets and fine people for playing with firecrackers.
7th of February came at last. My family woke up at around 7am. After which we get ourselves ready for the big day ahead of us. My sister friend(which i thought was her boyfriend) came around 8am, dressed handsomly. We took 6 mandarins and of course my parents took red packets which were meant to be given out to our relatives. Not to be forgotten, our passports. My sister's friend drove my mother's car and my father drove his car. As my mother is a Singapore PR, she cannot drive Malaysia registered car to Singapore. On top of that, my father's car cannot take allof us as it was not a big car. That was why my sister's friend was driving my mother's car that day. We went to Singapore at about 8.30am. Normally the Singapore custom will be full of cars and motorbikes but that day very few of cars and motorbikes were seen at the custom. So, the whole journey was smooth. We went around Singapore, visiting relatives. We would present them with the mandarins as a blessing we would give them. When we meet people we knew, we would say some auspicious words to them like Gongxifacai or Caiyuanguangjin. The last place we went was my 2nd aunt's house as most of my relatives will gather there. The place where i would get the most red packets is my 2nd aunt's place. There me, my siblings and my sister's friend helped ourselves to a wide varieties of Chinese New Year delicacies includind pineapple tarts, love letters, peanut biscuits and many more! While we are feasting on tidbits, the adults went to the kitchen and chat among themselves. I don't really knew what were they talking as they spoke in dialect. I also played with my cousins' children(are they called my grandcousins?) who were almost the same age as me and my younger brother. As my parents wanted to stay until very late at my aunt's house, my sister,her friend and I went back oursleves because we were very tired from the whole day activities. As for my brother, he was happily enjoying himselves playing with electronic games. During the journey back home, I counted the amount of money I received but money does not matters as much as the fun I had the whole day. My sister, her friend and I reached home at about 5pm. My sister's friend had to go back his home for some unknown reasons. I changed into my home clothes and entered my dreamworld, dreaming of the fun I had have.


Rouming



Disclaimer(:
you are currently on
alphabits-clones.bs.com

Please respect this blog (:
If you are going to be bad,
Kindly ALT+F4, thankyou (:


ThePeople(:
Caroline Teh
register number: 3
2e8

Jaslyn Lim
register number: 10
2e8

Lee Huan Ting
register number: 13
2e8

Sharon Long
register number: 16
2e8

Tan Rou Ming
register number: 39
2e8

Calendar(:
total defence day: 15/02
project due date: 22/02

Talks(:



Links(:

Music(:
coming soon

Past(:

Credits(:
Blogger
BaseCodes: intrigue.d
Brushes - Random Sites
Designer : JASLYN :D
Image : x
MicroSoft Paint
Photobucket